Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Primitive but useful poll

A poll has been added to the sidebar, asking the following question:

ANSWER ONLY IF YOU SUPPORT CHANGES TO EXISTING UK LIBEL LAW:
If a snap election is called, how do you plan on voting?
Results will be posted here next week. Please note that the (yes, limited) options focus on the balance of power in the UK, and no specification is made regarding the exact nature of any changes to UK libel law. I just want to find out who's interested in something other than the status quo.

PLEASE VOTE NOW

[Note - This is my first time out with this widget; if the poll allows for multiple votes or any other such nonsense, please feel free to sound off in comments.]

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I find this nearly impossible to answer, partly because I have no idea on the positions of the parties on libel law(I suspect they are all keeping the status quo), mainly because my constituency is fought between Lib Dems and Labour, and there's no way I'm going to vote Labour, so I have to vote Lib Dem, even though I don't agree with a lot of their policies. In a free vote, I don't have a clue who I'd vote for, because the situation has never come up.

Have you thought about campaigning for electoral reform once you've finished with this one?

Tim said...

I want to see how many people want to make it an issue and which way they swing right now. I imagine from that point, we'll start finding out who really cares a little further up the line.

I support electoral reform, but I don't plan on running a campaign for it, not least because the movement already boasts a strong online presence.

Cheers